Natalie

Sorry for not being specific enough. In fact, I've listed out what I'm trying
to get.
I'm calculating portfolio liquidity. Essentially I have either monthly or
quarterly liquidity with 15, 30, 45 or 90 days of notice required. I need to
to identify the upcoming month-end or quarter-end with reference to TODAY and
accounting for the notice period.

eg. Q15 means this position can be liquidated at each quarter end as long as
15 days of notice is given before the quarter end. If the notice period added
to TODAY is this upcoming quarter-end date, then I can only liquidate NEXT
quarter-end.

TODAY: 7/15/2005
M15 MM/DD/YY
M30
M45
M90
Q15
Q30
Q45
Q90

"Duke Carey" wrote:

Mangesh's first 2 solutions take care of your first 2 questions. However,
your third question is very ambiguous.

If you're trying to get the earlier of the 15th of the month or the last day
of the month, well.. the 15th is usually the earlier date. If you want to
get the 15th if today's date is less than or equal to the 15th, and the last
day of the month otherwise, then

=IF(DAY(A1)<=15,A1+15-DAY(A1),EoMonth(A1,0))

Using the EoMonth() function requires that you have the Analysis Toolpak
Add-in installed (Tools|Addins & make sure Analysis Toolpak is checked)

"Natalie" wrote:

Is there a way to have Excel return 3 different dates in reference to Today (
):

eg. Today = 7/15/05

1. last calendar day of this month
2. last calendar of this quarter
3. 15th of this month or last calendar date, which ever is earlier

Thank you