Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Help 'Number Stored as Text Error' !!!

How about just turning that check off.

Tools|options|error checking tab
Uncheck all the ones you don't want.

Peter wrote:

I desperately need some help,

I have a VB app that populates a column with product numbers that are
numeric but are right filled with zeroes. ie. "006876".

If I set the cell value to "'006876" it works but I get the pesky green
triangle with a "number stored as text error". I don't want this, I
simply want it to be stored as a normal string.

I know I can click the button and select "ignore error", but I don't
want my users to have to do this every time.

Is there a way I can say " range.ignoreerror = true " or something like
that.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter