Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Otto Moehrbach Otto Moehrbach is offline

Default cutting and pasting ranges using offsets

This macro does what I think you want. Watch out for line wrapping in this
message. Expand this message to see the code properly. HTH Otto
Sub MoveData()
Dim c As Long
For c = 5 To 62 Step 4
If Cells(1, c) = "" Then Exit For
Range(Cells(1, c), Cells(65536, c).End(xlUp).Offset(, 3)).Copy _
Cells(65536, 1).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
Next c
End Sub
"timmulla" wrote in message
Can any one help me? I have a spreadsheet with the following data which
I'm
trying to format into one group of 4 columns. Basically, I want a macro to
select and cut every 4 columns of data (from left to right) and paste them
all in columns A:D. My goal is to turn the horizontal data into more
readible verticle data. I know my description might not make sense to
you,
but if you look data below you might be able to understand what I'm trying
accomplish. I will need to use some sort of loop code to perform my task
b/c
the verticle data in my spreadsheet is much larger than the sample I
provided
here.

data currently in spreadsheet:

52200 R0646 54000 17625.9 52200 R0646 54001 0
52201 R0646 54000 0 52201 R0646 54001 0
52203 R0646 54000 0 52203 R0646 54001 0
52204 R0646 54000 10508.34 52204 R0646 54001 3950
52206 R0646 54000 0 52206 R0646 54001 0

Format I need:

52200 R0646 54000 17625.9
52201 R0646 54000 0