Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gary Keramidas[_2_] Gary Keramidas[_2_] is offline

Default is this possible...

i know it takes a while to refresh all of the links in the summary sheet
over the wan. would the macro populate the sheet any faster?

--

Gary

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
If it works for you, it sounds ok.

But I wouldn't use formulas. I'd use a macro to open each of the
workbooks,
copy the worksheet (or the data) and paste into a new workbook.

Each time I needed a fresh consolidated workbook, I'd rerun the macro.

Ron de Bruin has some sample code at:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm
or
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm

Gary Keramidas wrote:

or even worthwhile?

i have a summary sheet with sheet names representing people's names. so,
john, martha and so on.

then john and martha have separate workbooks in the same folder, named
john
and martha.

so a formula in the summary sheet named Bob would be something like this:
N:\My Documents\Excel\Bob.xls'!Jan_Tot_Loan

would it be advantageous to have the bob.xls part generated from the
sheetname(Bob)? if so, what would the formula look like?

that way, if bill was hired, i have a blank sheet i can copy for bill to
enter his data, and then only have to add a sheet named bill, and copy
all
the formulas from bob's sheet and they would just work because of the
new
sheet name being bill?
now i do a search and replace for the name.

just wondering

--

Gary

--