Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JavyD JavyD is offline

Default Macro to Lock Columns

Hello everyone, usually once a year I get stumped with something in Excel,
I've been in here long enough in the past. LOL.

I did something similar to this last year by editing all of the files in a
specific folder. But I lost that script, and I'm stumped once again.

I want to open over 179 and counting workbooks in a folder, select columns E
through K and lock then password protect the file, save and close. I guess
this would need to be done.

Open the file,

Select all cells, format, unlock all cells because at first there could be
cells that are locked on some spreadsheets that I dont want lock, then select
range E:K, lock, password protect, save and go to the next workbook. Sounds
easy right. let me know guys and dolls. this would save so much time.
Thanks.

Then I have another one I need to do, A macro to select certain files and
send it to a specific recepient. I'm pushing my luck right.

Regards,