Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Newbie Confused...

Sorry typo

Set oNewWb = Workbooks.Add
With oNewWb.Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("H10").Validatio n
.Add Type:=xlValidateList, AlertStyle:=xlValidAlertStop, _
Operator:= xlBetween, _
Formula1:="=$M$1:$M$10"
.IgnoreBlank = True
.InCellDropdown = True
.InputTitle = ""
.ErrorTitle = ""
.InputMessage = ""
.ErrorMessage = ""
.ShowInput = True
.ShowError = True
End With

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Andy,

we may take a few steps here, but for the first one.

Set oNewWb = Workbooks.Add
With oNewWb.Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("H10").Validatio n
.Add Type:=xlValidateList, AlertStyle:=xlValidAlertStop,

Operator:=
_
xlBetween, Formula1:="M1:M10"
.IgnoreBlank = True
.InCellDropdown = True
.InputTitle = ""
.ErrorTitle = ""
.InputMessage = ""
.ErrorMessage = ""
.ShowInput = True
.ShowError = True
End With

Creates a DV in H10.

You still need the forms and the Worksheet change code. We could do the
latter with application events, post the current code and we can convert.

assume the forms can be in the add-in? where will the DV list be?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"ex1302" wrote in
message ...

Hi all,

I have been vba'ing in ms access for a few years and due to job change
I am now primarily working with excel, so i am therefore a real excel
newbie! :)

The problem:

I have built a happy little process whereby if a user selects a certain
value from a data validation list embedded in the sheet, a seperate
userform will open for each value. This relies on the specific sheet
"Worksheet_Change" to drive the functions.

This works fine as it is all in the same place, however the powers
that be have decided that this needs to be added to a seperate new
workbook each time an admin downloads a specific report, and this is
where I am stuck!

How can I get this code to be portable to other workbooks?

I have exported the main code (inc all the forms) as a excel add-in but
i have to physically run a macro to initialise the open form code after
each change in each cell!

I was hoping the add-in would include the chance of adding the data
valdation or providing an additional button, and it is this part i am
confused about:

If the work book is fresh how will I get the data validtion in without
the user having to doing too much?

How can I then get the data validation to trigger the open form code?

Or get the openform code behind the new sheet?

Sorry for the essay,

Thanks

Andy

--