Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ex1302 ex1302 is offline

Default Newbie Confused...

Hi all,

I have been vba'ing in ms access for a few years and due to job chang
I am now primarily working with excel, so i am therefore a real exce
newbie! :)

The problem:

I have built a happy little process whereby if a user selects a certai
value from a data validation list embedded in the sheet, a seperat
userform will open for each value. This relies on the specific shee
"Worksheet_Change" to drive the functions.

This works fine as it is all in the same place, however the power
that be have decided that this needs to be added to a seperate ne
workbook each time an admin downloads a specific report, and this i
where I am stuck!

How can I get this code to be portable to other workbooks?

I have exported the main code (inc all the forms) as a excel add-in bu
i have to physically run a macro to initialise the open form code afte
each change in each cell!

I was hoping the add-in would include the chance of adding the dat
valdation or providing an additional button, and it is this part i a
confused about:

If the work book is fresh how will I get the data validtion in withou
the user having to doing too much?

How can I then get the data validation to trigger the open form code?

Or get the openform code behind the new sheet?

Sorry for the essay,

Thanks

And

--