Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
frankcase[_2_] frankcase[_2_] is offline

Default Help with file open and data organise macro

hi,
I have got some code from a couple of friends. It uses the file dialo
box to open separate text files into 1 excel in multiple worksheet
THis is great.

My data is in the following format in the file

A 1
B 12
C 128
D 1233
A 1
B 2
C 18
D 133

I need the data in the worksheet to be arranged in the followin
format:

A B C D
1 12 128 1233
1 2 18 133

The data files are a couple of columns and the data names repeat alot.
I would love to parse the data directly into my worksheets in the abov
format style. I am inclduing the file open marco with test data files.
am also includuing my own data.txt file with my macro which currentl
organised the data the way I want. Does anybody else have any option
to edit this marco to make it work the way i want
Regards,
Fran

|Filename: Sample Code Files.zip
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3598