Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Joe D[_4_] Joe D[_4_] is offline

Default Use a Macro to Save a Copy of a Workbook?

Hi,

I am trying to streamline my department's scheduling process by using a
macro. I want an employee to open a master workbook (master.xls), then
enter data, then SaveAs a workbook with a name that is taken from a
string in cell A2.

I want the last of those three steps to be done automatically using a
macro. I am new to programming excel and my current attempts at this
macro are a mess of copy-and-pasted code from these message boards.

My current code works to some extent. It does what I want it to, but
Excel crashes immeadiately after. Can Someone please help me out with
some clear code to prevent Excel from crashing after the save? I would
also like if Excel did not ask to overwrite a file with the same
name... I want it to automatically overwrite without complaining.

Thanks,
Joe