Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson[_4_] Jim Thomlinson[_4_] is offline

Default Login System

Something like this is no small task. It will require a fair bit of coding. A
couple of hints for you would be to have all but one sheet very hidden. Then
based on who is openeing the book unhide the appropraite sheets. You will
also have to maintain one sheet of user names to provide levels of access. If
you use the windows login name then you can avoid the whole password issue.
Environ("UserName") will return the login name. Before the sheet closes you
will have to rehide all of the sheets. Best of luck...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Kyle Smith" wrote:

Hi there

I want to make a login system so only certain people can access the
worksheet with their own username and password... and people with certain
login levels can access certain sheets/areas etc.

On my database sheet I simple want to be able to add in usernames,
passwords, access levels and the name and then the login system can do the
work with the info.

I also want all the sheets to be hidden and locked so they can't be
un-hidden without certain access HOWEVER does the sheet need to be on sole
use only to do that? (It will be a shared workbook).

I have attached as basic model of what I want my workbook to do... but it
doesn't work - I'm not good with coding!

Can anyone please help me?

Thanks!

Kai