Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
nadine nadine is offline

Default Why is my digital signature is being discarded?

Is the process of installing the certificate complicated?
only one of the files that has this problem copies a sheet which includes
unprotecting the workbook. Could that be it?
Mostly the other code is unprotecting the sheet adding a row then protecting
it , some Find and replace commands... and some message boxes and forms,
that's really it. its about as basic as it gets...this is why I'm so
dumbfounded... the operative word being dumb...

"ben" wrote:

no if the certificate is installed on their machine they can't use it to
write code with they can only use it to recognize your coded projects for
security issues. Only the machine that created the certificate can use it to
code.
are any sheets being copied in the code maybe?

--
When you lose your mind, you free your life.

"Nadine" wrote:

MS 2002, SP1

"Gareth" wrote:

If you've protected it then, it can't be modified programmatically either. Strange. I've seen Excel 97 (a known bug I believe) insert lines into a locked project's modules just by opening and closing
the workbook.

What version of Excel and SP are you and he using?

ben wrote:
If you don't know for sure then it's a good guess that it does not do so.
It's not a simple process to do. Have you tried installing the security
certificate on the users machine? They won't be able to write anything with
it, their machine will just recognize it as trusted.