Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Spreadsheet Solutions Spreadsheet Solutions is offline

Default The "Like" operator.

Bob;

Thanks for your quick response.
I forgot to tell something.
x2 can be manager, but also partner.
So, partner and lead partner also have to qualify in case partner is
choosen.

Your code is correct, but only for manager.
My problem is: how does this work with a variable string.

Mark.

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Don't you just want

Private Sub Check_02()
'Check Role
x2 = Worksheets("Front").Range("txtRole").Value
Do Until IsEmpty(ActiveCell)
If ActiveCell.Offset(0, 4).Value Like "*manager*"
ActiveCell.EntireRow.Copy WF.Range("B20").Offset(i, -1)
i = i + 1
j = j + 1
End If
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
Loop

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Spreadsheet Solutions" wrote in message
Dear all;

I have a front sheet were in a cell named txtrole one can enter a role

(like
manager).
I want to search a column in a database on another sheet (Database) and

find
all cells that contain the word manager.
So, manager qualifies, but lead manager also qualifies.
When a match is found, I want to copy the whole row to the first

worksheet.

The code I developped -and which is not working- is written below.
Take into consideration that the code does start in the appropriate cell,
but that this part of the code is outside this sub.

Private Sub Check_02()
'Check Role
x2 = Worksheets("Front").Range("txtRole").Value
Do Until IsEmpty(ActiveCell)
If Application.Proper(ActiveCell.Offset(0, 4).Value) Like
Application.Proper(x2) Then
ActiveCell.EntireRow.Copy WF.Range("B20").Offset(i, -1)
i = i + 1
j = j + 1
End If
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
Loop
End Sub

---

What must I change so that I can check how many cells qualify.
Do I use the like operator right or do I have to do this differently.

Mark.