Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default The "Like" operator.

Don't you just want

Private Sub Check_02()
'Check Role
x2 = Worksheets("Front").Range("txtRole").Value
Do Until IsEmpty(ActiveCell)
If ActiveCell.Offset(0, 4).Value Like "*manager*"
ActiveCell.EntireRow.Copy WF.Range("B20").Offset(i, -1)
i = i + 1
j = j + 1
End If
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
Loop

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Spreadsheet Solutions" wrote in message
Dear all;

I have a front sheet were in a cell named txtrole one can enter a role

(like
manager).
I want to search a column in a database on another sheet (Database) and

find
all cells that contain the word manager.
So, manager qualifies, but lead manager also qualifies.
When a match is found, I want to copy the whole row to the first

worksheet.

The code I developped -and which is not working- is written below.
Take into consideration that the code does start in the appropriate cell,
but that this part of the code is outside this sub.

Private Sub Check_02()
'Check Role
x2 = Worksheets("Front").Range("txtRole").Value
Do Until IsEmpty(ActiveCell)
If Application.Proper(ActiveCell.Offset(0, 4).Value) Like
Application.Proper(x2) Then
ActiveCell.EntireRow.Copy WF.Range("B20").Offset(i, -1)
i = i + 1
j = j + 1
End If
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
Loop
End Sub

---

What must I change so that I can check how many cells qualify.
Do I use the like operator right or do I have to do this differently.

Mark.