Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Hari Prasadh[_2_] Hari Prasadh[_2_] is offline

Default My errorical understanding of Error handling

Hi,

I have probably asked this before, but havent been able to understand
properly.

Please explain how to write code which explains error handling. I have seen

a) on Error goto 0

What does 0 mean. Is it an ID?

b) And sometimes

on error goto Abortret
-
-
-
-

and near the end of the sub we have

Abortnet:
msgbox MsgBox Err.Description
end sub

Suppose in b) we encounter an error, then after displaying the msgbox and
the user pressing ok,does the sub stop executing (or rather finishes
executing as the statement after Msgbox is End Sub) My doubt is does the
control in error handling move to end sub as the line after msgbox is end
sub?

Please give me some explanations/links about error handling as I need to use
it for some unpredicted circumstance like finding for a particular string in
a cell and what if it is not found (I would like to continue with running of
the sub just after find statement).

Please guide me.

Thanks a lot,
Hari