Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jjfjr jjfjr is offline

Default Advancedfilter returning all rows instead of ones that match

Hi;

Thanks for the response. My workbook captures information about aircraft
components. In the "Data" sheet the row headings are Location, Section,
Shelf, Manufacturer Number, Part Serial Number, Item Description, Comment
and Condition. The "Results" sheet has the Criteria in the top three rows and
the Results are displayed in the lower portion. When I enter "F6F" in the
Item Description column in the Criteria section, I would expect to get all
rows with F6F in that column. However, while the appropriate row was
returned, after I clear out the criteria and enter something else the same
row from the first search (it also happens to be the first row) appears. I
experimented by adding a new row at the top of the Data sheet and sure enough
when ever I enter any info into any column of the criteria range this top row
appears in the results area.

Ultimately, what I want to be able to do is put info in so that I can AND
and OR criteria as stated in the website URL you sent. If neeccessary, I can
email you the workbook for your inspection.

Thanks

--
JJFJR

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

What's in the criteria area, and what is some sample data that you
expect would be returned for that criteria?

jjfjr wrote:
I've done some more inspection on the behavior of the macro and it seems to
be always returning the first row of the "Data" sheet no matter what criteria
I put in.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List