Denise

Default Formula to average certain times

I have a large spreadsheet to track ER wait times. We use a new spreadsheet
for each month. Is there a way to calculate the average elapsed time for
patients that are admitted and patients that are dischared without having to
sort?

I have a column that is marked if the patient goes home with an "x". If
they are admitted there is a column for the room #. I have other columns
with the different wait times (wait time for triage, wait time to go to a
room, total elapsed time, etc.

Is there a formula to average the column with the elapsed time if the
discharge column contains an "x" and a formula to average the time if the
admission column has a room #.

Thanks for any help!!