Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Abdulkader Bhanpurawala via OfficeKB.com Abdulkader Bhanpurawala via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Attaching excel in Loutus notes

I have a excel based form, upon completion, there is a button attached
"Submit", which will send email & attached that form to email. With Outlook
it is working fine. I need help for Lotus notes. Now, I have few user, who
uses
Lotus notes as email application. The version used by them is 6.5.2. I wrote
below macro, but not working, can someone help to fix this as well. What I
need is form with a custome button "submit" & upon cliking it should check
whether all required field is filled in & send send mail to "To" & "CC" with
that form as an attachment. Thanks in advance.

Sub lotus()
'
' lotus Macro
' Macro recorded 7/6/2005 by Abdulkader
'

' Dim objNotesSession As Object
Dim objNotesMailFile As Object
Dim objNotesDocument As Object
Dim objNotesField As Object

'Function SendMail()

On Error GoTo SendMailError

EmailSendTo = "
EmailCCTo = "

'Establish Connection to Notes
Set objNotesSession = CreateObject("Notes.NotesSession")

'Establish Connection to Mail File
' .GETDATABASE("SERVER","FILE")
Set objNotesMailFile = objNotesSession.GETDATABASE("", "")
'Open Mail
objNotesMailFile.OPENMAIL

'Create New Memo
Set objNotesDocument = objNotesMailFile.CREATEDOCUMENT

'Create 'Subject' Field
Set objNotesField = objNotesDocument.APPENDITEMVALUE("Subject",
EmailSubject)

'Create 'Send To' Field
Set objNotesField = objNotesDocument.APPENDITEMVALUE("SendTo", EmailSendTo)

'Create 'Copy To' Field
Set objNotesField = objNotesDocument.APPENDITEMVALUE("CopyTo", EmailCCTo)

'Create 'Body' of memo
Set objNotesField = objNotesDocument.CREARERICHTEXTITEM("Body")

With objNotesField
.APPENDTEXT "Please find attached herewith the form duly filled in.
Looking forward toward receiving your quote. Thanks"
End With

'Attach the file --1454 indicate a file attachment
objNotesField = objNotesField.EMBEDOBJECT(1454, "", EmailSubject)
'objNotesField = objNotesField.EMBEDOBJECT(1454,"",ActiveWorkbook.F ullName)

'Send the e-mail
objNotesDocument.Send (0)

'Release storage
Set objNotesSession = Nothing
Set objNotesMailFile = Nothing
Set objNotesDocument = Nothing
Set objNotesField = Nothing

'Set return code
SendMail = True

'Exit Function

SendMailError:
Dim Msg
Msg = "Error#" & Str(Err.Number) & "was generated by" & Err.Source & Chr(13)
& Err.Description
MsgBox Msg, , "Error", Err.HelpFile, Err.HelpContext

SendMail = False