Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
STEVE BELL STEVE BELL is offline

Default Scenario If Date is greater

Hope it works for you.

There may be other ways.

One thing I use is a workbook open event that protects everysheet so that
the user can only select unprotected cells. But any cell can be changed
through code.
I would be easy to modify this to do that kind of protection and after a
certain date it could start restricting things.

--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond
"JavyD" wrote in message
Hmm, that sounds like an idea. Let me look into that, I may be back in
here
for a little vba help, havnt done any in a while. Thanks again Steve.

"STEVE BELL" wrote:

You can create a workbook open event with code that says
(this is not valid code - just the idea)

if Date mydate then
mysheet.mycolumn.protection = true
mysheet.protect password = "stayout"
end if

you can record code to get a better idea of what to write.
and you may need to unprotect the sheet first.
--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond
"JavyD" wrote in message
Hello everyone, long time no see.

A light bulb just went off in my head. But I tryed to make it work and
the
Scenario only gave me the option to place it on 32 cells. I need it
placed
in 2500. This is what I need.

There's a month, Jan for instance, as a column, and there are
projections
right under it for what is expected to sell in Jan. Well, I dont want
Jan's
forecast changed after a specific date. Is that possible, without have
lock that month and having to send out the spreadsheet every month.
It's
over 200 spreadsheets.

Let me know, thanks guys.