Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
STEVE BELL STEVE BELL is offline

Default Deleting a sheet via code-- different criteria

I got caught by this the other day -

Sheets includes worksheets and chart sheets

Worksheets doesn't include chart sheets.
--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond
"Piranha" wrote in
message ...

Kim,
I tried your code and it would stop at the second and third line.
I had to change them to make it work. After i changed them it worked
fine.
My question is:
Why and what is the difference, between the two statements?
What is the difference between Sheet and Worksheet?

The red is what i changed them to.
sub test
'dim sht as sheet
Dim sht As Worksheet
'for each sht in activeworkbook
For Each sht In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
if sht.range("A3")="delete" then
sht.delete
end if
next

Thx
Dave
Kim Wrote:
sub test
dim sht as sheet
for each sht in activeworkbook
if sht.range("A3")="delete" then
sht.delete
end if
next
end sub

"KimberlyC" wrote in message
Hi Again...

I've thought of a better way to remove unwanted worksheets from my
workbook....

I need to run code that will delete all worksheets in my

activeworkbook
that
have "Delete" in cell A3 of the worksheet.
Cell A3 has a formula in it of each worksheet that determines if the

sheet
needs to be deleted or not... if it needs to be deleted.. then, the

formula
returns "delete"...otherwise..it's blank "".

I think this will work better than my previous post......

I'm not sure how to do this ... so any help is greatly appreciated..

Thanks in advance,
Kimberly

--
Piranha