Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
K Dales[_2_] K Dales[_2_] is offline

Default Counting survey responses

How I would handle it depends on two things: the number of questions in the
survey and the number of respondents. If I had a small number of questions
and a small number of respondents I would probably copy all the response
sheets into one master workbook with a "tally" page to summarize the results.
But if it was a long list (either # of questions or respondents) I would
probably write a sub to read in each response and record the results into a
list format on one sheet to use as a database, and use that to generate the
stats for the results (again with a "tally" page containing the
formulas/graphs I wanted to display the results)

"Working with survey responses" wrote:

I want to design a questionnaire for staff to tick boxes and email back to
me. What do I then do with the response sheets and how do I automatically
calculate the responses from the sheets.