Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
KL KL is offline

Default Update custom formulas automatically

Hi there,

Format changes do not trigger any events in Excel, so there is no direct way
of capturing color change of a cell. Some of the work-arounds could be:

- to include Me.Calculate into the ChangeSelection event of the worksheet
- run ActiveSheet.Calculate, say, every second, using the OnTime method

but I wouldn't recommend that, especially given that, as you said, "there
are many incidences of the formula".

Regards,
KL

" Inserting an option button in Word"
soft.com wrote in message
I was kindly given some code to count the incidence of a background colour
in
a range of cells. Is there any way of having the answer automatically
update
as now if I change a background colour the formula does not update
automatically. I'm pressing f2 on formula and pressing return to update
but I
don't want to have to do this as there are many incidences of the formula.
Any help appreciated.