Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Damon Longworth Damon Longworth is offline

Default how to delete a chart using code?

You do not say if there are multiple charts, but if only one:

ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Delete

If there are multiple charts, the simplest method is to name the chart upon
creation. With the name, it is easy to refer to the object later.

ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Name = "YourChart"

--
Damon Longworth

Don't miss out on the 2005 Excel User Conference
Sept 16th and 17th
Stockyards Hotel - Ft. Worth, Texas
www.ExcelUserConference.com

"pwermuth" wrote in
message ...

How do I delete a chart for which I do not have a name but only the cell
the chart is anchored in using code?

I.e. when I created the chart I pasted in in a cell. Now I want to be
able to delete it by somehow referring to the cell I pasted it into.

--
pwermuth
pwermuth's Profile: