Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Bovey Rob Bovey is offline

Default dll reference

Hi Dwight,

MISSING references are usually caused by versioning problems (the
version of the DLL on the machine is not the same as the version of the DLL
referenced by Excel) or incorrect registration of the DLL on the machine.

First try closing excel and re-registering the DLL by opening a command
window and running:

C:regsvr32 "C:\<your path\<your dll name.dll"

where "C:\<your path\<your dll name.dll" is the exact path and filename of
the dll on that computer. If that doesn't solve the problem you have a
versioning issue.

The only way to solve this is to open the affected workbook, choose
Tools/References from the VBE menu, uncheck the MISSING reference and click
OK, choose Tools/References again and reselect the reference.

--
Rob Bovey, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

* Take your Excel development skills to the next level.
* Professional Excel Development
http://www.appspro.com/Books/Books.htm

"Dwight" wrote in message
oups.com...
I reference dlls for excel macros and occasionally, I get a MISSING
error. It usually happens when the dll is in a different path than
originally programmed. For example: c:\windows\system and
c:\winnt\system.

Does excel store the original path? I assume it should be getting it
from the registry.

Thanks
Dwight