Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
malik641[_4_] malik641[_4_] is offline

Default Search Text in Comments

What I'm trying to do is select a range of cells which some have
comments and others do not. Within those comments are key words I am
looking for (i.e. "Transfer Out" or "Transfers Out" or "V. Term.").
And in front of those words is a number. Here's an example of two
comments:

______________________
1 New Hi
I. Baker

1 V. Term:
R. Robinson-Lynch
______________________

______________________
2 Transfers Out:
O. Erinjogunola
K. Sartori
______________________

Let's say the Range for cells to contain comments is C4:C44
I want to use the numbers before the key words and add them together to
know how many leaves there were in that range of cells.

Basically what I want C50 to say is this:
3

and I also need this to be Relative Reference.
Can this be done??

--
malik641
malik641's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24190