Nadia

Exactly my thought Biff, as I mentioned, I have a senior manager who "knows
better".
Will suggest he does it himself!
cheers,
Nadia

"Biff" wrote:

Just wondering why you can't use option buttons?

They do not return a boolean as you noted, but the one that's selected
returns a value (number).

Biff

"Nadia" wrote in message
Ive tried that before. I can still tick all check boxes even when in a
group
box.

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Place them in a group box.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Nadia" wrote in message
I have 10 check boxes linked to formulas e.g., if link cell is true do
this
etc.
The problem is only 1 box should be ticked. If I tick another box it
should
become the active choice and deactivate the previous tick.
Obviously check boxes can all be ticked as they are individual objects.
Is there a way to make check boxes behave like option buttons (I cannot
substitute option buttons as they do not provide true/false returns).
BTW I realise (and know) there is probably a better way to achieve the
result Im after, but there is a certain senior manager here who insists
it
can be done using check boxes! :-(
cheers,
Nadia