Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Anne Troy[_2_] Anne Troy[_2_] is offline

Default erroneous "save changes?" message appears

Actually, this usually occurs when you have cells that contain formulas like
=NOW() or =TODAY()
:) These formulas always update on open.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"crimsonkng" wrote in message
I am getting (what I think is) an erroneous "do you want to save your
changes?" message when I exit my .xls file (even though I didn't change

any
data).

It happens ONLY after I rest the highlight on a cell in which there's a
pull-down list (data validation). Again, I merely REST the highlight on

the
cell ... I don't pull the list down or choose any data. Excel is acting

as
if I did change data (hence the "save changes?" exit message) but I didn't
change data. Is that how a data-validated cell is supposed to work ...

that
if I just rest the highlight on the cell, that Excel thinks I changed the
data in that cell? (As long as I don't move the cell-highlight to a
data-validated cell, I don't get the save changes? message.)

More info, just in case it matters: the cell (B93) is a merged cell
(B93:F93). When I go to data validation, I get a message that says: "the
selection contains some cells that do not contain Data Validation

settings.
Do you want to extend data validation to these cells?" I answer "yes,"

and
the form comes up fine, with the proper data validation. But could this

have
something to do with the erroneous exit message?