Ibbits

It IS preformatted to text, and still complains - that's the point of the post.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Try '7/15

OR pre-format the cells to Text.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:48:02 -0700, Ibbits
wrote:

So, when I want a date to display as, say, 7/15 and the over aggressive
autoformat kicks in, I change the cell format to Text, which is supposed to
'displays exactly as typed.'

Bingo, perfect. But then when I type in "7/15" I still get a formula error
message.

That's stupid. Make it stop.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.