Debra Dalgleish

You're welcome! Another place to search for help is in the Google
archives of the Excel newsgroups. The advanced search page is he

http://groups.google.ca/advanced_gro...=group:*excel*

BBob wrote:
Thanks for help! I could not find any guidance on this topic in the Excel
help files or on my initial search of the Microsoft site.

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

When your list has many formulas, or if a cell in the list is changed
after a filter has been applied, the Status Bar may show "Filter Mode"
instead of a count of the visible records. You can use the Subtotal
function to count the visible rows.

The following MSKB article has information:

The AutoFilter status bar displays the "Filter Mode" message in Excel
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=213886

And there are a couple of workarounds he
http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Count

BBob wrote:

On some spreadsheets, when I try to use AutoFilter to count the number of
records meeting certain parameters, the count will not display at the bottom.
Other times this functionality works fine. Is there a setting I need to
reconfigure?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List