ScottO

Try this ...
=IF(ISERROR(FIND(CHAR(10),A1)),A1,LEFT(A1,FIND(CHA R(10),A1)-1))
Which in English translates (loosely) as "If you can't find a
Carriage Return in the text, then give me the text, otherwise find
where the Carriage Return is and give me the part of the text before
it".

Rgds,
ScottO

"Erik Millerd" wrote in
message ...

| "ScottO" wrote:
|
| If the text you wanted to strip down was in A1, then you could
use a formula
| like
| =LEFT(A1,FIND(CHAR(10),A1)-1)
| You may be able to adjust the formula to suit your need.
|
| BTW Char(10) is the equivalent of a shift+enter in Excel.
|
| Rgds,
| ScottO
|
| "Erik Millerd" wrote in
message