Nadia

Default Allowing only 1 check box to be ticked

I have 10 check boxes linked to formulas e.g., if link cell is true do this
etc.
The problem is only 1 box should be ticked. If I tick another box it should
become the active choice and deactivate the previous tick.
Obviously check boxes can all be ticked as they are individual objects.
Is there a way to make check boxes behave like option buttons (I cannot
substitute option buttons as they do not provide true/false returns).
BTW I realise (and know) there is probably a better way to achieve the
result Im after, but there is a certain senior manager here who insists it
can be done using check boxes! :-(
cheers,
Nadia