Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
joeu2004[_2_] joeu2004[_2_] is offline

Default Help with a formula (calculating totals based on individual percentages

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 12:35:21 -0800, "joeu2004" wrote:

[....]
Wierd. I did not see your post when I posted mine,
but I see the time stamp is 38 minutes earlier on yours.

Displayed timestamps can be deceiving. The clock on my system could be
wrong. For example, this message will appear to be posted on 18 Jan 2012
01:23 AM, apparently a full day before your posting to which I am replying.

(You might even miss it altogether, depending on how you sort things in your
newsreader.)

Fortunately, my newserver adds a header of the form Injection-Date: Thu, 19
Jan 2012 15:44:07 +0000 (UTC). So you might be able to determine the true
date/time when I posted.

But of course, that does not explain what you experienced.

The real answer is: we seem to use different newservers. Delays arise due
to the frequency in which one newserver polls the other. This is not
uncommon.