Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tamxwell tamxwell is offline

Default Export from Access to Excel

DM,
The problem is I need to link the pivot table to each CM"s worksheet
individually for all the months and the 4 times a month Boss man runs it. I
can create the links, but when I hit refresh it will naturally change all the
cells linked. Is there anyway I can set this up so it will only change the
data for the last refresh. I'll show an example of the CM's individual
worksheet to see if I am making any sense.

Jan Current 1-30 30-60 60-90 90-180 180-360 360+
1/1-1/2
1/3-1/9
1/10-1/16
1/17-1/23
1/24-1/30

I can link CM01 info to each of the cells in these schemes, but everytime
it's refeshed it's going to change anything with the old data link to the new
refreshed info. I need to keep the info for 1/1-1/2, Current....360+ there
when I refresh for
1/3-1/9 and so forth. I know without seeing it is hard, but if anyone has an
idea, PLEASE help.
Tmaxwell

"DM Unseen" wrote:

Todd,

Think more "out of the box". Create just 1 query for all CM. Use a
parameter where you can filter on the data for each CM(or even select
all CM). Let your *boss* select the CM and then do a refresh (you could
write a macro for this). No need to put it all there at once!
For the summary you can create one additional summary query, or use a
pivottable(works very well) based on the excel data of your query.

Some hinst & tips:

Create Access queries that do "most of the work" in Access to easy
query creation in Excel, but let excel do most of the filtering (on
e.g. CM ).
Don't use VBA in those queries, else they won't work in Excel.

Hope this helps,

DM Unseen