Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jose luis jose luis is offline

Default Concatenate VBA results and an * in a cell

Hi Werner, Thanks by your feedback.

In order to find if there is a * in the string use

if Left(Range("B1").value,1) = "*" then
your code for number with "*"
Else
your code for number without "*"
End if

The Left function does the same as Right but from the other side :).

Hope this helps,

Regards

Jose Luis

Werner Wrote:
Thank you Jose Luis for your code. I understand Len and Right correctl
with the comments you added in your code. It will help me a lot. :)

I have another question in mind. If I want to add in my vba code an I
condition that search to know if there's a * just to the left of m
number, how could I do that. I imagine it must be something like I
Range("B1").Value = "*" & *(something that say there's a number (not
specific one)) Then.

Have a good day!

Werne

--