Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tamxwell tamxwell is offline

Default Export from Access to Excel

DM,
Pivot table... Because this DB is mainly for the CM's I just did not want to
start writing queries for every little thing. I have 4 other DB's to do. I
just want to reign them in. It's like buliding a DB on what they think they
want/need, to find out they they don't know...

Thanks again
Todd

"DM Unseen" wrote:

Todd,

Think more "out of the box". Create just 1 query for all CM. Use a
parameter where you can filter on the data for each CM(or even select
all CM). Let your *boss* select the CM and then do a refresh (you could
write a macro for this). No need to put it all there at once!
For the summary you can create one additional summary query, or use a
pivottable(works very well) based on the excel data of your query.

Some hinst & tips:

Create Access queries that do "most of the work" in Access to easy
query creation in Excel, but let excel do most of the filtering (on
e.g. CM ).
Don't use VBA in those queries, else they won't work in Excel.

Hope this helps,

DM Unseen