Alias2k5

FYI the MSN tech support people were unaware of this when I emailed them -
they referred me to Excel tech support, who sent me back. Nice to see the
MSN reference pages here.

I think MSN supported both the "old" and "new" URLs for some time, then
terminated the old one. I was lucky enough to have a currency exchange
worksheet with the new URL that continued to work when the old worksheet
failed, and found it had a different query parameter. For those not sure how
to change:

1. L-click an active cell in the table (not the B7 list)
2. This lights up the query toolbar buttons: L-click "Edit Query"
3. Change the "Enter the address" (top) box by replacing the old with the new:
http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/external/excel/...

"David Truijen" wrote:

This solution also works when downloading foreign currency quotes.

David Truijen

" wrote:

Mine went down as well. It took some trial and error but I found the
query on the moneycentral site:

Old: http://investor.msn.com/external/exc...YMBOL=MSFT,IBM
New:
http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor...YMBOL=MSFT,IBM