Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Removing concatenates for VBA calculs

Dim sStr as String
Dim cell as Range
Dim dblVal as double
dim dblSum as double
dblSum = 0
for each cell in selection
cell.activate
sStr = Right(ActiveCell.Value,Len(ActiveCell.Value)-1)
sStr = Left(sStr,len(activeCell.value)-3)
dblval = cdbl(sStr)
dblSum = dblSum + dblval
Next
msgbox dblSum

Tom Ogilvy

"Werner" wrote in
message ...

Hi,

I would like suming numbers in cells. The only problem is that I
concatenated them as followed : *546,23_$*
I put the underscore for empty space which is a character by itself. I
just don't know how to use together Left and Right function to move
from 1 space from left and to go down 2 spaces from the right at the
same time to only obtain the number and do maths with them. I must not
change the concatenated cells in that process.

When I concatenated the number and the *, it didn't keep the monatery
format of the number. So I imitated the monetary format by this way.
But I am opened to any bright ways to help me correct that matter too.
;)

Thx!

Werner

--