Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Filips Benoit Filips Benoit is offline

Default Problems closing Excel correctly by code

Dear All,

W2000
Office2000

Access-application that manages quotations (= excel-files)

In a sub I change some values in an excel-file and close like this (see
code-end below)
xlApp.Visible = False
Set WS = Nothing
WB.Close SaveChanges:=True
Set WB = Nothing
xlApp.Quit
Set xlApp = Nothing
Exit sub

This workes OK, BUT while re-opening this file or another I test if Excel is
running to prevent that several quotations are open at the same time.
Although there is no excel-file active the function IsExcelRunningNow()
returns TRUE

Where is the mistake?

THANKSł,

Filip

Function IsExcelRunningNow() As Boolean

Dim MyXL As Object ' Variable to hold reference to Microsoft Excel.
On Error Resume Next ' Defer error trapping.
IsExcelRunningNow = True
Set MyXL = GetObject(, "Excel.Application")
If Err.Number < 0 Then IsExcelRunningNow = False
Err.Clear ' Clear Err object in case error occurred.
Set MyXL = Nothing ' Release reference to the application and
spreadsheet.

End Function