Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sean Connolly Sean Connolly is offline

Default Export from Access to Excel

Hi "tamxwell",

If I've understood correctly, it sounds like you are trying to 'push' the
data from Access to Excel. Here's a suggestion ... why don't you 'pull' the
data into a QueryTable on your Excel worksheet from Access?

In that way, you can 'Refresh' your Excel spreadsheet with new/updated data
from the Access dB as and when desired. The range on your Excel worksheet
will be updated (and resized as or if necessary to accomodate new data), but
importantly, it will retain the exact same range name on the exact same
worksheet. Thus your links to other worksheets in the same workbook will not
be broken.

The Excel "Import Data Wizard" should step you through it and make it nice
and simple for you. (The Excel help for QueryTables and Import Data Wizard
should provide more information if you're still having problems).

Trust this helps. Cheers, Sean.

"tamxwell" wrote:

I built an Access database which exports the daliy (new) figures to Excel to
the desktop. One of the queries is for pulling all the information for a
Credit Manager (CM). I then need to link this data to a summary Spreadsheet.

So each day I want to go to my database, pick the CM's data, export and
replace
the old info with the new, and keep the links I have created when I exported
the first one. When I exported the first, I linked it to a number of
spreadsheets. Any thoughts? I get an error telling me that "It cannot expand
the named range". If I rename it then I would have to reset all my links.