Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Geoff Geoff is offline

Default Timing Issue??

Hi
I am trying to adapt Chip Pearson's code and insert the same procedure into
2 added worksheets.

Strange thing is my code only fails each time I start a new instance of the
workbook. Even then, when the code breaks on error with 'Subscript out of
Range' and I click to continue in Debug mode the code completes without error
AND the new module is installed correctly in both new worksheets.

Within the same instance of the workbook and beyond the initial 'block' the
procedure works without hesitation repeatedly. When creating the second of
the 2 worksheets, the code never fails whether it is in the first instance of
the workbook or not.

The fact that the identical code works on the second worksheet insert and
works repeatedly thereafter (within the same wb instance) suggests a compile
timing problem but how do I get around it?
The code fails at *** with Subscript out of Range...

Sheets.Add After:=Sheets(Sheets.Count)
Set ws = Sheets(Sheets.Count)
With ThisWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents(ws.CodeName).C odeModule '***
.InsertLines .CountOfLines + 1, _
'required proc'
End With

What am I missing? I would appreciate any help.

T.I.A.

Geoff