Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
bhofsetz[_97_] bhofsetz[_97_] is offline

Default get data from one sheet list in another

I'm not quite sure what you are asking here.
For example if you change one of the input fields, ie. address
contact, NetScreen, etc. then you will probalby want to use
Worksheet_Change event to see if the value in the cell has been change
and then this can test which cell was changed and if you want the chang
to be stored in your 'database' (Sites sheet) then you will have t
change the appropriate cell on the Sites sheet.
Alternatively if you want to change the part of the IP address then
might suggest protecting any cells (C10:T27) that have a reference t
the four main IP address they are refrencing. That will keep the use
from changing a cell that is actually calculating an IP rather fo
direct input.
Again if part of the main IP is changed you will most likey want tha
reflected on your Sites sheet and can do that with a Worksheet_Chang
event.

swieduwi Wrote:

if I select the site and it recalls the data to the screen and I make
change,
how do I make that change to to the same line ?

Can I store the line number?

Which line number do you want to store? The line number on the Addres
sheet where the change was made or the line number where the informatio
was pulled off of the Sites sheet

--
bhofset
bhofsetz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1880