Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default Restrictoin of xp windows feature

hkcu is short for HKEY_CURRENT_USER
hklm is short for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

you have both.

if you are new to regedit:

The RIGHT pane is relatively safe.
Stick to editing values (as indicated) in the right pane
and you should be ok.

Make sure something in the LEFT pane is selected before you do any
editing. Prefarably by rightclicking the selected item.

Be carefull in the LEFT pane... or with the menu on top.
selection and browsing/collapsing/opening the treeview is ok.
do not delete or rename keys.

All your windows and program settings are in the registry.
false moves can be disastrous.

--
keepITcool

helmekki wrote :

Thank u very much KeepItCool

I tried using your solution, but it did not work with me
mine was :

cuz i donot have HKCU nither HKLM in my regedit

any further idea ?