Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
SMH SMH is offline

Default time error

I have an application in EXCEL using macros. The program has to read an empty
cell which should give a value 12:00:00 AM for all blank empty cells. On one
machine it works but on a another PC this does not work.

The cell when read (using the same spreadsheet) reads 00:00:00 rather than
12:00:00 AM or PM in the second machine. I have tried all sorts of formats
and even entered 12:00:00 PM in the cell but the value read is always
00:00:00 and so themacro does not work on the second machin.First machine is
running window xp professional and the second machine (where the problem is )
is running windows home. Both machines are running the same version of excel.

What is the cell format that I should enter in the second machine so the the
cells will read 12:00:00 rather than 00:00:00

thanks in advance