Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Norman Jones Norman Jones is offline

Default row location....hopefully simple answer :-)

Hi CadCamGuy,

First answer:

Set rowct = ActiveCell
'your code
rowct.Select

Second answer:

It is rarely necessary, or desirable to make selections. Doing so often
results in slower, less efficient code.

Here is a simple example of looping code which checks for a test value
without making selections:

Sub Tester()
Dim Rng As Range
Dim rCell As Range
Dim sStr As String

sStr = "Tom" <<=== Your test value

Set Rng = Range("A1:A20")

For Each rCell In Rng.Cells
If rCell.Value < sStr Then
'do something, e.g.:
MsgBox rCell.Value
Else
MsgBox "Found """ & sStr & """ in cell " _
& rCell.Address
Exit For
End If
Next rCell
End Sub

---
Regards,
Norman

"cadcamguy" wrote in message
I get my start row .... rowct=activecell.row
then I use a do until loop that goes down and then stops on a
cellactive.value
then I want to go back to the row based on my rowct value
I'm on the right column

is there a command that I can use to move back to rowct

I'm sure it's something simple, I don't seem to be able to find it...
newbie
and all