Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Aaron Howe[_2_] Aaron Howe[_2_] is offline

Default Custom save as pathname and filename

I have been trying to enter a code into my sheet which will save the file to
a directory on the network using a pre-defined file name. My filename is a
declared string, and is working properly. I can get as far as:

* Getting the Save As dialogue in the right folder, but with no filename
* Getting the Save As dialogue to show a name, not the right one, in the
last place I saved
* Getting the Save As dialogue to show the completely wrong name in the
right folder.

Assuming I wanted to do this using the GetSaveAsFilename option, how would I
do it? And how would it differ if I wanted an automatic save where the user
didn't have the prompt? The end result would have to be:

\\server\folder\subfolder\filenamefromstring.xls

Whichever way it was done...!