Chris

Default number of fields exceeds 256 when importing from a dbf file

Hey evryone,

I'm having a small problem with importing some old data from a FileMaker Pro
database. According to what I found out in the groups archive the best bet is
to convert it to a dbf file and then import it. However, I the number of
fields in the dbf file exceeds 256, so the import wizard truncates the import
at field number 256.

I would now want to spread the data over two sheets. However, in the process
of converting it to a dbf, quite a few of the field names get truncated and
therefore have the same name, so I can't use SQL to retrieve them. My
question is: what is my next best bet?

Thanks in adavnce for any and all help

Chris