Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Creating a search button

Do you mean an icon on a toolbar?

If yes, you can drop the builtin find button onto your favorite toolbar.

Tools|customize|commands tab|Edit category.
look for Find (it has some binoculars next to it)

Drag it to your favorite toolbar.

If you mean a keyboard shortcut, try ctrl-f.

jaya14 wrote:

Im pretty sure that this thread is supposed to be in this section, but
if not im sure you'll direct me. My question is that i want to create
a button to search for text within the current sheet. Whether the
button uses the default find (Ctrl+4) or if i have to create a search
form is not relevant.

--
jaya14
jaya14's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24580