Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Msgbox if Inputbox entry contains character

Hi Steph,

Her you are

Do
userinput = Application.InputBox("User Input")
Loop Until userinput = False Or InStr(1, userinput, "_") = 0

If userinput = False Then
Exit Sub

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Steph" wrote in message
Hello. I have an app.inputbox piece of code below. I would like prevent
users from using an underscore ( _ ) in the input box. How can I modify

the
code below? Thank you!

userinput = Application.InputBox("User Input")
If userinput = False Then
Exit Sub
Else
***if userinput contains an underscore then
msgbox ("cannot use underscores") vbokonly, then bring
them back to the input box for re-entry
else
Run the rest of my code