Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Return Current Column Letter and Row Number

Activecell.Value = activecell.Offset(-1,0).Value + 7

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Carroll" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi,

Let's say cell B3 is currently selected. I want VBA to be able to type
in the cell, "=INDEX(B3,-1,0)+7". Cell B2 has a date in it, and I want
cell B3 to contain the date that is 7 days later by using the INDEX
function. However, when I run the VBA, I won't know what specific cell
I'll currently have selected (other than the column, which will always
be B). It will be different every time. Any suggestions about how I
can come up with the "B3" part of the INDEX function?

This is sort of a VBA and a function question, so I hope it can be
answered in this forum.

Thanks,

Carroll Rinehart