Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Damien McBain[_2_] Damien McBain[_2_] is offline

Default Return Current Column Letter and Row Number

Carroll wrote:
Hi,

Let's say cell B3 is currently selected. I want VBA to be able to
type in the cell, "=INDEX(B3,-1,0)+7". Cell B2 has a date in it, and
I want cell B3 to contain the date that is 7 days later by using the
INDEX function. However, when I run the VBA, I won't know what
specific cell I'll currently have selected (other than the column,
which will always be B). It will be different every time. Any
suggestions about how I can come up with the "B3" part of the INDEX
function?

This is sort of a VBA and a function question, so I hope it can be
answered in this forum.

If b3 is selected and you want b3 to be b2 + 7:

For Each c In Selection
c.Value = Cells(c.Row - 1, c.Column).Value + 7
Next c

That ought do it. In this way you can select any number of cells and the
code will make the cell equal to the one above it plus 7. You'll get a
runtime error if the cell contains something other than a value though.