Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GB GB is offline

Default fill cells with colour if content of another cell has CR

You can use conditional formatting in excel...
Select Cell A6
From the Toolbar: Format- Conditional Formatting...

Then using

Formula Is, =(CellLocation="CR")

Where CellLocation would be something like $AP$7
So
Formula Is, =($AP$7="CR")

and then select the Format... button and choose the format that you wish to
apply for that condition.

Then if you copy cell A6 and then highlight the range that is supposed to
change colors/formats in relation to cell AP7, pastespecial Format.

Then you can pastespecial into the first cell of the next group, change the
conditional formatting to reference Cell $AP$8 and reperform the copy and
pastespecial.

" Inserting an option button in Word" wrote:

I would like to fill colour the range A6:AV6 with red if the content of cell
AP7 is CR
I need to do this then for about 75 to 80 rows below this so next row would
be looking for CR in cell AP8 etc. If I can do it without code, great. Any
help appreciated.